What is Benicar HCT
Benicar is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults and children who are above the age of 6 years old. When the patient is suffering from high blood pressure, the force of the blood flows through arteries is very high. The accurate reason that causes high blood pressure are not exactly recognized, but numerous factors and circumstances may cited for high blood pressure such as Smoking habit, Lack of physical activity, Family history of high blood pressure, Older age, Chronic kidney disease, Adrenal and thyroid disorders, Being overweight or obese, Too much alcohol consumption and salt in diet, Genetics and Sleep apnea. Benicar contains generic Olmesartan, which belongs to the category of Angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Olmesartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Working of Benicar Blood Pressure Medicine
Benicar HCT works effectively by inhibiting the mechanism of an essence in the body that responsible for the blood vessels to constrict. Olmesartan helps to relax the blood vessels and lower blood pressure and enhances the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
Dosage instruction of Benicar HCT Tablets
The recommended dose is to consume single tablet in a day with a glass of. This medicine can be taken with or without food take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it already the time for your next dose then skips the dose and continues to your regular dosage schedule.
Recommendation of Benicar 20mg/40mg
- Keep away from Benicar you are allergic to is generic and other inactive components of the drug
- Do not consume this medication if you already taking some other medication for the treatment of high blood pressure
- You may also need to avoid taking this medicine with Aliskiren if you have kidney disease
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers are totally restricted to take
- To avoid severe health problems try not to consume Benicar if you are having the diseased conditions like congestive heart failure; liver disease; diabetes and problem of dehydrations
Benicar shows drug interaction when consumed along with a combination of some drugs includes Crestor, Fish Oil, Aspirin, clopidogrel, Lipitor, Levothyroxine, Omeprazole, and Vitamin D3.
An individual who consumes Benicar may face certain side effects such as Fainting, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat, signs of kidney problems, change in the amount of urine, diarrhea, severe skin allergy, skin rash, itching, puffiness of the face; tongue; throat, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Precautionary Measures with Benicar HCT
- Limits your consumption of alcohol and smoking when you are on treatment with
- Do not indulge in driving and doing other important work which asks for your attention
- Take doctor permission to consume the medicine if you are taking some other non-prescription medicine and herbal medication
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall